Monday, July 6, 2009

Simple shapes lead to design wealth

Wow, where did the time go since my last post? Well, I know some of it was spent with the lovely group at the Durham Orange Quilt Guild. I was their June program and had so much fun sharing my design ideas with them.

One of my lectures is about using simple shapes that we all know and can draw (I promise) to design with. The above picture is of a gum tree. Once you learn to break it down into simple shapes, you can design your own art quilts. I think in the beginning we are all a bit intimidated about where to start and my lecture, "All Around Us: An Interactive Design Lecture", gives a full hour of 'jumping off' ideas.
What can you do with circles, rectangles, and triangles?







2 comments:

Brenda said...

OK, now THAT was amazing! I am in awe of your piecing talents...you are sew blessed! B=)

Katie Kleber said...

yay! congratulations! i think i would have cried if i had been in your shoes. good job!