Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Heritage Stories: MY find:)

I found this Gorgeous embroidered pieced in an antique mall for maybe $6 or $8... 
It was just what I always wanted but didn't know it until that moment:)
 Look at these perfect satin stitches (that I loathe to do!!)
The fabric was much heavier than I like to
hand quilt through but I made do!
The edges were a bit wonky but once I put the binding on,
I was able to preserve most of her adorable edge
work that adds so much to the design.
It is almost time to change out my holiday décor and so here is another sweet rescue piece that lives in a cute little vignette:
A cross stitched Revolutionary Drummer boy doily.
The hunt is half the fun and I am always looking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I found your website clicking through links. I love the lady liberty design do you know anything more about it. How big, designer etc.

Unknown said...

I love the lady liberty design do you anymore details on the design.. Designer. Size. Etc

Robin said...

Hi Carol,
It is small, maybe 8" x 10" and I don't know anything more about it. I have done lots of searching and found nothing. It is lovely though and thank you for inquiring.
Robin