Monday, May 7, 2018

RSVP Designers with Studio E Fabrics


Last year I was invited by Pepper Cory to participate in a group designer challenge.  I am very particular in where I choose to Donate my time but I would do just about anything for my dear friend, Pepper!
Scott Fortunoff, CEO of Studio E Fabrics, thinks highly of Pepper as well and it is evident in this blog post here where he cracks me up:...As Always.

It was quite an honor to be amongst some of the best and bright designers of our time!
The parameters were that the block finish at 16" square, use her line of Peppered Cottons with Studio E, and that the block look like us (the designer).  It has taken me many years to actually see "MY Style" although others seem to see it just fine.
Gingko
She gave me quite a bit of teasing about being an over achiever because I sent in 2 blocks when really it is because I am a terrible decision maker!  I knew she would love "Gingko Romance" since she was the color impetus behind the design which also became my first published design with Quilter's World in 2010.
GingkoRomance
Such a simple log cabin based block with lovely leaves and hearts fused to it.

Gingko Romance

If you haven't worked with Pepper's shot cottons yet, you are missing out!  They are so soft and the subtle color changes with the light due to the weave are sublime!
"Gingko Romance" can be found
on my website here
GingkoRomance

The second block I sent in is SO ME!  I can see it from the swirly embroidery to the circle embellishment to the floralesque applique and in such vibrant colors!!  I just love this one!

Featherberry
Here is one of my pups keeping an eye on me as I stitch:)
Featherberry
The original was hand applique but when it came time to make the pattern,  I chose to make it fusible applique and more user friendly. There is some hand embroidery but it adds so much:)

Have I told you how much I hate dealing with the threads from fusible??!!!  I don't have this issue when working with hand applique:)
Featherberry
That little pop of bright green is so exciting to me and I had to control myself not to add too much more!
It would look fantastic in any color way though!
Featherberry
The pattern comes out on Mother's Day, May 13th
Be the first on your block to have one!
Featherberry
Pepper and Studio E will present RSVP Designers at Spring Market in Portland with a finished quilt from the blocks collected last Fall.  I am sad that I won't be there to see it all together. Pictures please from anyone that attends Schoolhouse:)
Keep stitching!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Both are very nice patterns!!!

susan said...

I can see why you could'nt choose - both are beautiful designs!! Sue L.