Thursday, July 31, 2008

Creative Living





I try very hard to be creative every day of my life. Since I am a quilt pattern designer and fiber artist...creativity comes with the job description.

Recently I met and interviewed with a creativity coach who is awesome and aims for the stars in all that she does. During the interview I was asked some questions that really made me think about what I do, strengths and weaknesses, and could I live without my creativity. There were questions about being emotionally empowered by our art, the fear of putting ourselves 'out there', and who encourages our art. It was a lot to think about and, of course, after the fact I had better answers:)
Mel Edwards is always looking for creative women, wanting to know what makes us tick and how and why we do what we do. Today at http://www.votrevray.blogspot.com/2008/07/go-to-work-every-day.html you can read an excerpt from my interview along with many other talented artists. You can also sign up to be a part of the "Kiss My Art" crowd and her One Woman Show.

I hope you will take a minute or twenty to visit her site. You go Mel.

1 comment:

kathy said...

I like this Robin. Very different from some of your other work.