Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Houston Market

I just came back from an extremely exhilarating experience...how's that for alliteration?
Last Wednesday I flew from North Carolina to St. Louis, MO. On Thursday at 2am, I got up and headed to Houston with my friend Susan Marth of Suzn Quilts.
I had volunteered to work her booth with her. She thinks I did her a favor but she really did the favor for me. This trip was to help me decide whether to go to Pittsburgh in the spring. The bonus was I stood in a booth for a few days surrounded by beautiful quilts of her design.

New Seasonal Banners that can be assembled separately or
combined into one wall hang.
A pinwheel and churndash quilt made using charm packs plus yardage.
A tribute quilt to Abe Lincoln to celebrate his 200th birthday next February.
In addition to helping Susan, I had the pleasure of meeting Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods and her helper, Jenni.
From the Quilt Art list I met Terry White when I went to purchase her book, Thread Painting made easy, and Annie Smith. Annie, can't wait to hear your new podcasts:)
There was so much to see and do. One absolute pleasure was walking the quilt exhibit before the crowds of people. Being in there when it was so quiet felt like I was playing hooky or getting away with something.
The whole experience was nothing short of amazing and I look forward to more amazing experiences along with meeting many more new faces in PITTSBURGH Spring 2009.

1 comment:

Pati Fried said...

Great blog and website, Robin! Your work is beautiful! It was really great meeting you in Houston. Here is to hoping we both will be successfully "showing" in Pittsburg this spring!