Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back into a Gallery

 
I have to say, it feels good to be getting back to exhibiting my artwork.  I have a few pieces at a local Art Council space in Tarpon Springs, FL. Plus......
When I lived in NC, you may remember that I belonged to an art quilt group named Artrageous.  I left my challenge piece with them since there was some talk of us having a group exhibit at a local gallery in Greenville, NC.  Sure enough, here it is.
 
We are on exhibit at the Emerge Gallery in Greenville, NC.  This piece looks so much better on a white backgroud since you can really see the shape of my personal piece and the colors really pop for all the others.
For a better look at all the pieces, you can go to this previous post.
http://nestlingsbyrobin.blogspot.com/2011/03/artrageous-challenge-reveal.html

Of course, this isn't our first exhibit....Here is my Fractured Flower from the 2008 challenge.  It was very interesting to see what happened and although I didn't think it would work, it really does.
Our Fractured series was exhibited at the Inkstone Gallery in Greenville in 2009 and you can read more about these at the link below.

http://nestlingsbyrobin.blogspot.com/2009/02/fractured-flowers.html
I am very proud of this group and wish them all the best going forward!

3 comments:

Jean Baardsen said...

Very nice! I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your local exhibit!

Katherine McNeese said...

you missed our orange challenge didn't you?

Robin said...

Yes, when I got there it was green:)