Thursday, August 31, 2017

Stabilizer Free

How to live dangerously and go stabilizer free...
I like to stitch away from myself and counter clockwise being right handed (pic 1). This allows for a smoother line/curve.
With stabilizer you can travel your threads without shadowing.
www.nestlingsbyrobin.com
This particular project has no stabilizer and this little curly-que goes the wrong direction for my stitch preference.
Take multiple tiny stitches directly ON the traced line until you get to where you want your line to start
 (pic 2).
www.nestlingsbyrobin.com
Now as I stitch in my preferred counter clockwise direction, my stem stitch will cover my travel stitches.
www.nestlingsbyrobin.com
The next time you get started and forget to stabilize or decide that it will get in the way of wanting to hand quilt, you can go stabilizer free!

No comments: