Wednesday, March 25, 2020

BAD GIRLS!

Every year I get myself a fun 
new day planner.
This past year I was having 
trouble finding one and so
my husband bought me this.
 I will admit in my younger 
days I really wanted to be a bad girl.
They looked cool and people moved
aside for them.
(Think I watched too much Grease
and Grease 2:)
Now I want to be BAD as in setting
an amazing example of strength
and grace for my girls and 
other women around me.
I still don't have it all figured out
but we are all a work in progress, yes?
 Ann Shen has some lovely
 illustrations in this day planner.
Her website (click on her name above)
is full of more wonderful illustrations 
and quotes to make you go, "Ahhh".
The write ups for each lady
aren't just handed to you either. 
You have to look these women
up because there are quite a few
I didn't recognize.
Meet Anna May Wong, born in 1905 in 
California and considered the first 
Chinese-American movie star with 
the highlight of her career being in 
In that day and time she would be 
'BAD' going against all norms 
for women and Chinese citizens.

There are, of course, many names
you will recognize as strong 
women who have challenged the
status quo and gone on 
to be extraordinary leaders of their day!
Oprah
Dolly Parton
Susan B. Anthony
Valentina Terashkova
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Eleanor Roosevelt
just to name a few.

THANK YOU, ANN SHEN
for opening my eyes to Amazing 'Bad Girls'!

No comments: