Friday, March 9, 2018

Hola, Mexico!

This past November, Jim and I finally took a 'resort' trip. 
We had never done anything like this before and it was amazing!
We went with our dear friends, Tony and Della,
whom we have known for 28 years now (wow!).
We were all stationed in Guam together in 1990.
It was an early start to the day and there were Bloody Marys at Tampa Airport for breakfast, but really??? They all took naps and I did some applique on the way to Miami:)
 Miami Airport Fish Kaleidoscopes.
After a LONG day of travel, we finally arrived. 
It was dark when we got there and this was our
first view off our balcony.

BUENAS DIAS MEXICO
 
                                             
We stayed at the Paradisus and it was Lovely!!
Here I am getting some stitching in while the other 3 went to get massages:)  It was Jim's first one ever and he Loved it!!
I went and got my first pedicure ever.  
My feet did look really nice and I wasn't as freaked out as
I thought I might be so I may do it again....?



My inspiration: The Paradisus logo and one of
my favorite trees ever, the Poinciana! 
It was in full bloom and so beautiful!
My husband's inspiration....Racks of cooked meat! 

While at the pool one day, this little cutie came and stole a plate of nachos from one of our pool mates who weren't watching their food.  This is a Codi Mundi or Mexican Raccoon.
This was one of the walkways that led to the beach that we didn't spend any time at because it rained all 4 days we were there!!!
Us learning selfies so we would have at least one pic of ourselves:)
After breakfast Jim and I would do a short walk along the beach and that was the extent of our beach time.
Here is the one pool shot I have.  Again it rained every day so this was literally 3 hours of sun on the last morning we were there.  I felt so bad for my trip mates as this is what they had been so looking forward to...pool, beach, swim up bar, etc.  I was secretly thankful I didn't have to roast!
Did this restaurant know I was coming or what????!!!! 
Quilt inspiration on the wall-So pretty!
We tried roasted crickets and cactus while at this restaurant. 
The bugs are something I NEVER thought I would do but Jim persuaded me with that whole, "be adventurous", argument that we always used on the girls when they were growing up:)
They were actually quite good!
Time to go home and would you believe that this is the ONLY pic we remembered to take Together!!??  The days and nights really got away from us! Della and I would say during the day (when we weren't dressed up) to remember we need a pic of all of us:)  Finally at the airport in Mexico, we get our pic when we are heading home,  tired, and NOT dressed up!! 
It doesn't matter because these faces are my loves and it makes all the memories more special somehow to me:)

No comments: