Monday, March 5, 2018

October 2017 Happenings

In the Category of,
YOU DO KNOW IT IS MARCH OF 2018, RIGHT?
Yes, I do, but I have been busy....
I will be catching you up and then you will understand why I have been absent!
And, in between all of this has been commission quilting, new designs, and lots of applique and embroidery!
 
My lovely man was invited to Chicago by our eldest to go to a Cubs game!  You may (or may not) remember that this time last year Jim's brother was fighting cancer and Jim sat here alone, worrying about his brother and watching the Cubs win the series while I was away.  This time, he flew into Indy where he and his brother drove to Chicago to go to the game together with our eldest.  They did lots of reminiscing and Imagine his joy to see his childhood team win in person:)

HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!
I am not excited that I hear this little voice telling me it is my
last year to do something big before I turn 50!!


 Great night at the game with the Lightning
celebrating 25 years as a team:)
 

Just because I love them, I thought you would too. 
Jim planted these lovely red vine flowers for me!
 
ONLY IN FLORIDA!.....??

Can you believe that the Princess Bride is 30 years old??!!  This was a favorite of Jim and I as we dated and then we introduced it to our girls when they were young.  Jim is my Wesley!  He didn't say, "as you wish" but damn near close:)
Jim was getting a bit bored in retirement (I think, but he won't admit it) so he tried his hand at some woodworking.  He found an old treadle sewing machine to use the wrought iron sides as table legs.  Then he found some wood quilts that were being made / framed as art and thought that would make a great table. 
Why would I disagree:)

I picked the stains I wanted....


Voila!  A lovely table perfect for a quilter!  I now have somewhere to display photos since I hadn't fully moved in and now I will:)

1 comment:

susan said...

That table is beautiful!!