Thursday, March 22, 2018

CHARITY AUCTION

I know the title, CHARITY AUCTION, isn't very exciting and naming is NOT a strength of mine, but it is exciting if you are a quilter and like to get caught up in the action of a good deal:)

When I moved to Florida (almost 7 years ago now-WOW!!), I joined a guild named Hidden Stitches.
I loved the name and that it is an Applique guild...How exciting is that!  Then I learned that their philanthropic outreach is for a program that one of the members had founded and once a year they hold a Live Quilt Auction and Luncheon to raise their yearly funds. 

Live quilt auctions are a hoot!  Our auctioneer, Brenda, is Fantastic and watching the bidding wars can be hysterical.  I myself have been involved in one or two:)  You can't help but get caught up and the money goes to a great program for disadvantaged children.

There is also a boutique where fun things (sewing and non-sewing) can be found.  This year we are doing scrap grab bags...Say that 3 times fast:)  Who can resist a mystery bag?  My daughter used to spend her allowance on the ones at Claire's Jewelry in the mall. She would be so excited to see what she got in her bag and it would crack me up!

So here are my donations to this year's event which will be held this Saturday (24th) in Largo, FL. Christ the King Lutheran on Oakhurst Rd. Come join us!
Tickets are $15 and include lunch and more entertainment than you are prepared for:)
I know we have seats left if your calendar is empty and you want to come see what we are up to.
AutumnVines
 Autumn Vines is a lap quilt for the
Live Auction that features one of my pumpkin designs on it.
 
SueGarman
This is the March basket designed by Sue Garman 
for her design named, Bouquets for a New Day.
I hand appliqued this before machine quilting it.
Winterscape
Lastly, this sweet little piece is named, Winterscape. 
I know people are over winter but next year this will look
darling in someone's home with original, 
hand embroidered, snowflake corners.
 
The last 2 pieces will be part of the Silent Auction. 
Hope to see you there.

No comments: