Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pick one color

Under my 'Creative Living' post (7/31) there is a black, white, and blue piece. Both that piece and the piece seen here resulted from the work-for-trade (7/21) piece that I made. Once I got going, I really enjoyed working in a series and seeing what else I could do with a limited color palette.

The original piece is named "Pine Knoll Blues" after the beach where the photo was taken. The second piece is named "Which Way to the Beach" since it is an abstract of a traditional quilt block named flying geese. The piece directly below is named "Blue Peacock" because it reminds me of a back view of a peacock tail. There are quilted feathers as well.


I started the original project timidly because I worried that a limited color palette would stifle my thought process. The opposite actually happened and now I am looking at my fabrics for the next color to play with.

No comments: