Monday, October 22, 2012

I love birthdays!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME:)
Somehow I can't truly believe people that say they don't like celebrating their birthdays...What? A whole day devoted to you by people who love you-what's not to like??
 
My husband's gift to me this year was a trip on the Seminole Gulf Railroad Murder Mystery Train.  We boarded the Gin Lizzy for a 3 hour Prohibition Murder Dinner. What a fun night!  You board the train and enjoy a 5 course dinner while being entertained between courses by the Shady Ladies and Irish criminals.  Guess the murderer and win a prize at the end of the night.
 
Gorgeous Roses from my daughter, Lauren! She also sent me the DVD of South Pacific-the original version. I have been wanting to update my musical collection and she is very willing to help out!

My other baby girl, Devin, sent me an antique butter mold...How cool is that?! The etching is great! This is a beautiful piece full of inspiration for me:)


Mom worked her magic with yarn and knitted this beautiful shawl/ scarf for me.  I hope when you click on the photo, you can see the fantastic beadwork she added as well.  Now I just need the weather to cool a bit here!!!
Two very lovely friends sent me these goodies above.  Susan sent me yardage of fantastic orange batiks!  Oh what to do with them???? There were other fun things in the package as well, including homemade Snickerdoodle cookies (really for my husband:) and this little notebook that actually contained many sizes of sticky notes...She knows me so so well:))) 
Kathy sent me some of my favorite pumpkin cookies that only come out this time of year along with some of her artwork.
Lastly, I treated myself to a class to learn a double reverse applique technique by Ellen LindnerI took the class with a local friend, Rhonda, whose birthday is this week...so much more fun to take a class with someone.
I was able to actually get the top done in class (plus I stayed a bit longer:)  Not sure what I will do with it but the technique works and Ellen is a wonderful instructor.

Next time your birthday comes around, embrace it!  It is YOUR day!!

2 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Que você seja ABENÇOADA por Deus nesta data especial e que muitos anos venham com felicidades e saúde.Beijo grannnde!

Judith Glover said...

That is a fantastic apple. It looks good enough to eat! You definitely had a wonderful birthday! Those were all thoughtful gifts that took some planning on the part of the giver.