Tuesday, July 23, 2019

HERITAGE STORIES: Jewel Fans

I love quilting for Kay:)  Her work is put together meticulously and she gives me some leeway to design some of the quilting.  
We are a great team!  Once I have some ideas, I run them past her and we collaborate.
Her lovely Jewel Fans allowed for each fan to be quilted just a tad differently so I didn't get bored:)

I like to mark in a way that won't be permanent or too difficult to remove.  My favorites are either the white pencil or a hera marker.
 In the hoop ready to go!
 By the piece quilting.
 Diagonally across the blades.
In the corners I did some fun Art Deco 
styling that echoed one of the blocks.
And here is the lovely Kay holding her quilt when I visited her this past Spring.  She does use color well and so it is no wonder her blog name is Quilts Plus Color.  You can read her postings on this quilt with the below links.

https://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/2019/03/fantastic-fan-quilt-is-finished.html 

https://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/2019/03/robin-koehler-day-on-todays-blog-post.html

No comments: