Sunday, January 10, 2021

Well-Loved Ladies QAL: APPLES

Welcome to block 9.
http://www.nestlingsbyrobin.com/lectures--workshops.html

The photo above is a portion of
a circa 1860 quilt in my collection.
The quilting is to-die-for triple rods, even
through the applique'.
So soft!

I call it Apple Basket but it 
could also be a tomato plant.
Fun Fact about tomatoes...
They were thought to be poisonous.

This was purchased on my way
home from Paducah in 2017 in a 
cute little shop somewhere in TN.
It is beyond lovely even with holes:)

Let's talk Apple or Tomato variations.

I haven't seen one like this one 
in my studies but the layout
of a center vine/stems is common.
So, with a more common layout, the fruit
can go either way...apples or tomatoes.
What grows in your garden?
When you search for apples, what
often comes up are love apples 
which we did HERE.
I think you will see the differences.

ASSEMBLY TIPS
Such a nice straight forward
design that my tip is 
Enjoy it:)

WELL-LOVED LADIES 
SAMPLER PATTERN
FULL PATTERN

Apples TEMPLATES ONLY

where I showcase the 
variations of designs.

I am excited to announce 
this lecture is now available
in ZOOM format.
Guild program chairs can EMAIL me 
for availability:)


ADDITIONAL READING 
& Eye Candy:)
The links below go into more depth about 
either the history of the block OR 
FAB pictures of variations.
Barbara Brackman will blow you away
with all the variations she has accumulated!!
ENJOY~

Barbara Brackman
I searched "apples" and
found this...
I searched "tomato" and
found this...





No comments: