Friday, January 22, 2021

Well-Loved Ladies QAL: Prince's OR Princess Feather?

                                      Welcome to block 10.

www.nestlingsbyrobin.com

The photo above is a detail of
a circa 1860 quilt in my collection.
The quilting is gorgeous cross hatching, even
through the applique'.
So soft!

This is one of a few
variations on 
Prince's Feathers I 
have in my collection.

I have a dear friend in Illinois
that likes to go searching for 
treasure (one of our favorite
past times when we are together) 
and she finds the best deals!
On occasion I will get a
pic and a question mark
text from her.
This was one of those texts.

It is beyond lovely even with holes:)

Let's talk Prince's Feather variations.
Most of these quilts are 
straight forward plumes.
Sometimes the maker dresses 
them up with additional details 
(flowers or leaves) set 
between the plumes as with this one.
Another variation to look for
is the center where the plumes
meet. Is there an additional
detail such as diamonds to 
cover ends?

ASSEMBLY TIPS
My biggest tip is to 
pin the center wheel in
place first to use as a basting
guide for the feathers/vines.
Once they are basted, 
stitch away:)

WELL-LOVED LADIES 
SAMPLER PATTERN
FULL PATTERN

Feathers TEMPLATES ONLY

where I showcase the 
variations of designs.

I am excited to announce 
this lecture is now available
in ZOOM format.
Guild program chairs can EMAIL me 
for availability:)


ADDITIONAL READING 
& Eye Candy:)
The links below go into more depth about 
either the history of the block OR 
FAB pictures of variations.
Barbara Brackman will blow you away
with all the variations she has accumulated!!
ENJOY~

Barbara Brackman
I searched "princess feather" and
found THIS...
and THIS...
Beauty for the eye:)

For my plant lovers:




No comments: