Sunday, November 15, 2020

Well-Loved Ladies QAL: Cherry Tree

 Welcome to Block 6.

We are now half way 
done with blocks:)
There will be a bit of a 
holiday break and I will 
be back with the next
block December 6th.
Gives you plenty of time
to catch up to us:)
www.nestlingsbyrobin.com
Above is my ca 1860 
Cherry Tree quilt.
I loved it the minute I laid
eyes on it just for how
unique it was and 
the QUILTING!!
Quilted in 1/4" cross hatch 
with feathered wreaths
at the intersections.
OOH LA LA!

It came to me early in 
my appraisal study so I 
went to the professional who
knew way more than me 
(historians and dealers).
No one had seen this pattern
before except my dealer
friend, Cindy Rennels.
Below is her pic.
It had sold already as
Cindy is a dealer.
There is a small part of 
me that thinks
these two are related
somehow due to rarity 
and having the same quilting.
So let's talk variations...
I haven't really found any
for my design.
I have found other designs
that are called Cherry Tree and 
I have included links below 
for Quilt Index, Barbara B.,
and IQM.  
It really is a mystery:)

The Quilt Index has quite a few.
Enter the rabbit hole at your
own risk:)
https://quiltindex.org/view/?type=fullrec&kid=26-22-4166
This was the earliest I 
could find in a search 
of Cherry Tree and it
is dated 1852:
S. Z. Wilhoit March, 
1852 by her mother


ASSEMBLY TIPS
When you look at the 
applique' it is mirror image.
The templates are created
as mirror image for the top
and the bottom halves.
You will need to tape
pages together.
Easy and fun:)

Come quilt along with us
as we learn about the quilts
that inspired my 
WELL-LOVED LADIES 
SAMPLER PATTERN
FULL PATTERN

Cherry Tree TEMPLATES ONLY

where I showcase the 
variations of designs and 
it is exciting to announce that 
this lecture will become available
in ZOOM format in 2021
for so many more guilds to access
and see all the lovely details.

ADDITIONAL READING:
The links below go into more depth about 
either the history of the block OR 
FAB pictures of variations.
Barbara Brackman will blow you away
with all the variations she has accumulated!!
ENJOY~



InternationalQuiltMuseum

No comments: