Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Houston Market 2011

Houston in the Morning
The adventure of Houston Market 2011 began as I flew into Houston on Oct 27th to meet fellow vendors/room mates Susan Marth of Suzn Quilts and Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods.


On Friday, Oct. 28th, the Schoolhouse Series started.  Susan started the morning at 10:20am and in the same room at 1:55pm, it was my turn to ask, "Does Your Shop Have a Niche I can Scratch?".  I design by what makes me happy and not by what all goes together as a style so shops and quilters will find applique, redwork, and paper piecing designs from me.


 Above is my booth and although I have been in business for 6 years now, this was my first time vending at Market.  The thrill of that is overwhelming until you get into the rhythm of talking to the shop owners and then it just flows....SO Much Fun!

                                               
This is Susan Marth of Suzn Quilts
and her collection of 12  'In Season' pieces.


 Here is Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods
with her new goodies for Market shoppers.

Houston is a lot of work with Set up, Take Down, 8-10 hour days on your feet but the rewards are great as well if you like meeting lots of people and sharing memories with wonderful friends.  Spring Market is in Kansas City in 2012...Hope to see you there.

4 comments:

kathy said...

Robin, your booth looks wonderful! Did you do 1/2 booth? Looks like it...and did Susan do a full booth this time? Her booth looks larger.

jggdesigner said...

Robin, your booth looks as warm and cozy as Christmas with all the reds and greens.

Robin said...

Thank you both for your warm thoughts.

Pepper Cory said...

Nice blog entry Robin. The Mondays meet next week and we'll be missing you!