Friday, October 16, 2020

LEAVES

I love designing them, 
looking at them, &
making them!

Sometimes getting them just 
where I want them can be
a bit tricky so here are a few 
tips for better alignment.
Remember nature isn't perfect
and we don't have to be either!

Here is my traced
leaf with my lines going
way beyond where my
template would have been.
I do this so that I can 
measure 1/4" past the
point for my seam allowance.
To place leaves, put a pin
straight through at the seam
allowance point and into the
vine where you want 
them to meet (top pic).
Rotate the pin up until
leaf is aligned, glue baste 
in place, remove pin and
you are ready to stitch
(bottom pic).

I always stitch into
the point where the leaf
meets the stem first so that
if the alignment isn't perfect
I can fix it now before 
I get too far into the project.
If I find that it didn't meet 
exactly the way I would like, 
I can always use the thread to 
add a few stitches between the leaf
and the vine to connect them
(pic below).
Almost unnoticeable, right?!
Perfect:)

KEEP STITCHING &
Join us over on my FB


No comments: