Monday, June 28, 2021

FLOURISH QAL: Supplies

 We are only 3 days away 
from this fun and inspiring quilt along!
So Exciting!!

Last time we talked FABRICS!
If you are new to the conversation,
go read the introduction HERE
We will wait...
Ok, now that you are back, 
let's talk supplies.
Some of my favorite supplies!
My swirly twirly designs
are back for this project
as well but I wrote the
whole pattern for 
fusible applique' and 
that is what we will 
focus on throughout
the QAL.

 *Still love the Magic sizing 
for PRESSING my seams.
*You see my favorite 
Bohin pencil is back.
That will come in handy
depending on the value
of your border fabric.
*There are two threads
shown because the supply
list says a skein of floss
but I chose to do all my 
embroidery with a YLI 
variegated machine thread.

Other items in the picture are: 
a pencil, Karen Kay Buckley
serrated scissors for cutting
my applique' (especially
cutting into V points/curves,
a tracing kit for an
embroidery tracing shortcut
(we will discuss at that step),
all sitting on my favorite
Pellon Wonder Under & Stabilizer.
These items make my life 
so much easier.

I know we all have our
own favorite tools so 
assemble what you need
based on this supply list below:

Right click the image to save
to your computer so you can
use it as a checklist before
Thursday.
See you in 3 short days!
~~~

No comments: