Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Winter Games QAL: SAVE THE DATE

Who is ready for some 
BLIZZARD QUILTING?!! 

www.nestlingsbyrobin.com

Anyone else have wonderful memories 
of watching the Olympics every year?
I think the most exciting one for me was 
1980 because we lived near
Albany, NY then and the excitement was 
amazing living so close to
​where it was all happening:)
SO, this year I will be hosting a QAL 
during the 2 weeks of the Winter Olympics.  
We will be sewing on my quilt, 
Winter Games.
This quilt was designed 
years and years ago 
but never made it to pattern stage
until now:)

As with previous QALs, 
all the information will 
be found here and in 
my newsletters.

You will need a pattern to participate

 in this quilt-along.


The pattern has been written for
fusible applique' and will be 
offered in PDF format only 
with all full-sized templates.

Techniques involved will include
general piecing, paper piecing & 
fusible machine applique'.

Of course, there will be some video assists
to help in the process.

We will be doing all the discussion and
ooohing/aaahing of fabric choices over
in my FB group, Robin's Rocking Needles.

As before, over the next few weeks
expect multiple blog posts leading up to 
our big reveal day where I will discuss
fabric selection and supplies so you
can start preparing and be ready to go
as soon as you get your pattern.

Please leave a comment here if you have
any questions or email me,
robin@nestlingsbyrobin.com

I will be stitching along too as I make
another one in fusible applique' in 
another color way.

Until next time,
keep stitchin'~

No comments: