Monday, July 20, 2020

MAY 2020

MAY 2020
This month deserves EVERY
bit of bold, larger, underlined
text available to me!!
 We started the month by going
to Virginia to help my mom
with some things around
the house and to spend
Mother's Day with her.

We did tons of yard work
and I got covered in ticks-YUCK!!!!
Once home, one of the bites
wasn't reacting right so I was
tested / treated for Lyme disease.
My test came back negative but
to this day (2 months later) that
one bite isn't right.
Be careful out there!

Unfortunately, this would 
be the last trip my 
sweet Biscuit boy would make!!
When we got home, he became
more listless and his chronic
illness/allergies made him
absolutely miserable and so
we made the heartbreaking decision....
My heart will always have a hole
in it and I MISS HIM!!!!

Came across this old photo of
my Great-Grandmother/father & 
my father and aunt as children.
I vaguely remember her but
never met my GGfather.
My aunt passed young as well
and I will always miss that I 
didn't get to know her as an adult!
Of course, more masks were made!


The sweet "B-sharp"onesie
(last name Sharp) 
Jim designed is finished and
ready for delivery!!.
Isn't it adorable?!!!!

The kids had a bassinet that didn't
come with the little stars
meant to hang over the baby.
So it was requested I make a 
couple of stars to fill in...
I went a bit over the request:)
Using my friend, Susan Marth's,
2 that could form the 
rays of a sun that I embroidered
a sweet face for.


 Stuff it and finish by appliquéing 
it to the rays!
Then make a star and moon to 
hang together:)

 Flying the first time since everything began
was interesting but not as bad
as you might have expected.
Southwest is awesome and 
has a 'middle seat stays empty'
policy that I appreciated.
Not as many people were flying 
but still....& everyone wore a mask!
The terminals were ghost towns since
only passengers were being allowed
in so a bit eerie but fine.

EVERYTHING was worth
it to meet this new little
sweetie in our family!!!!
There were a few bumps in 
the beginning with mom 
and baby but both
came through with 
flying colors and I 
couldn't be more in LOVE!!!
Hello Charles.


 Dad, Mom, and baby:)
Me with My baby and her baby!!!!
It is a feeling beyond words
to see your child with a 
little of their own!!
Charles enjoying my work:)
I had decided to have him call
me Bobbin instead of Grandma
1. to be different since I will be long distance
2. the quilting theme...duh:)
When I visited, a conversation
about what I would call him had me 
saying 'poppet' from British
references and an old movie I 
enjoyed, WILLOW.
We rewatched that movie and
he doesn't call them poppets but
"Bobbins"!!!!
YAY!
Hello Bobbin.....Well, Hello bobbin.
~~

No comments: