Thursday, July 9, 2020

HOME

The Autumn issue of Quilter's World
will have my new quilt design
that I started this past January! YAY!

It is so bothersome that I 
have to keep so much secret 
from all my quilting friends
when I am working.
Once the design is planned, 
it is time to go fabric hunting!
As you can see, I wanted a muted
selection of neutrals in 
gray and taupe.
Look at the perfect and gorgeous
Barbara Brackman fabrics 
I found along the way!
Giddiness!
Have you ever tried to pay attention
to what you are doing at a retreat?
~LOL~
I was super fortunate to get to 
attend the annual retreat with my
friends from Illinois since I 
don't always get to go.
As 2020 has turned out, 
I am SO Happy I made
sure I did this year!!
We are missing a couple in 
this photo but we had a 
great time and it made my
"work" go much quicker!
Here is the other thing that made 
my work time happier!!
from my mother:)
Pretty and functional!
So there was pinning and stitching
for the HSTs...
Lots of mindless chain piecing
for the log cabin blocks....
Once home, hours of 
NCIS reruns got me through:)
Auditioning of which red
fabric to use for the star....
and Voila'....
HOME!
Thank you (AGAIN) to 
Toddy and Ray Sumsky
for a FAB job quilting this
for me in my weirdo, designer
timeline! 
HOME is now out in the 
latest issue of Quilter's World.
I hope you will enjoy making
it as much as I enjoyed designing
it for you to snuggle under
during a chilly winter eve!

And, don't forget your label!!
~Enjoy~


No comments: