Monday, August 10, 2020

Well-Loved Ladies QAL: Introduction


www.nestlingsbyrobin.com
I started collecting these 
Centenarian Sweethearts
pretty soon after I began 
studying to become a
certified quilt appraiser.

The applique' artist in me
was completely fascinated by 
this era of women creating
their own designs too.


I have assembled a collection of quilts 
that are not in the greatest shape but still 
so beautiful in their history and imperfections.

This quilt along has been
well over a year in the making.
Once the Well-Loved Ladies lecture
was finished and being presented
to guilds, requests for a pattern
started and I knew a sampler 
of the different quilts from 
the lecture was the answer
so that attendees could 
bring a little piece of 
the lecture home with them.

Why a QAL?
Now is the perfect time to keep us
inspired & engaged & connected.
The girls aren't getting any 
younger and all their trips
were cancelled too.

When and How?
AUGUST 30TH, 2020

I recently asked about pattern
preferences on my FB page
and thoughts between paper
and PDF were relatively 
split down the middle.
The final decision was made
when I realized all those
full-sized templates may
put you off on shipping.
If you absolutely NEED
a paper pattern, we can 
work something out:)

So, the decision has been
made for me to step into 
the new tech age and 
go PDF on this one!

It will be offered as a 
full PDF or as BOM  
purchased in sections 
with the QA
if you choose.

Twice a month starting in 
September, I will present a block
via a post here & FB including 
history, tips, etc. 
The whole QAL will run 
8 months.

You will need a pattern to participate 
in this quilt-along.

Techniques involved will include
applique' (hand or machine), 
general piecing (HST/flying geese)
& bias vines.
Of course there will be some
video assists to help in the process.

We will be doing all the 
discussion and oohing/aaahing
of fabric choices over
at my FB group


I like to pride myself on quality
(tested with full-size templates)
patterns, bang for your buck
 and having fun; so, i
the next few weeks, 
expect multiple blog 
posts leading up to our big
day where I will discuss
fabric selection and supplies
so you can start preparing
and be ready to go as
soon as you get your pattern!

There may be prizes along
the way but you'll have to quilt
along with me to find out and
to win:)

Please leave a comment if
you have questions
or email me at 

I will be stitching along too
as I make another one
in fusible applique'.
Until next time,
keep stitching~

No comments: