Monday, January 30, 2023

Benartex Ambassador group Totes

Welcome back everyone!  
We invite you to join the 
Ambassadors as we show
off our fun group project...
TOTE BAGS:)
There is some 
adventurous stitching!

Our mission was to 
reinterpret the logo
shown below and 
that was really the 
only rule other than 
making a bag:)
Look at these gorgeous
fabrics we had to play with.
This is the Wave Texture
basics line by 
Based on the logo, I chose
Sky, Fuchsia, and Lime.

Wave texture fabric from Benartex

I love playing with this
simple petal shape and 
 I knew that I would
do hand applique' 
with embroidery, 
so here is BloomX:)

I also knew that I 
didn't want to do a 
conventional tote bag
but something more 
usable for me.
At guild last month, a
couple of members brought
in these cute project bags
with vinyl fronts and I 
was completely enthralled!
This direction meant many
challenges for me as I 
hadn't done a zipper since
7th grade Home Ec when
I made a slumber bag in
the shape of a roller skate.
I so wish I still had that bag-LOL.

First Challenge:
Learn how to put in a zipper-
CHECK!
I had to go buy a couple and 
they were on sale, buy 3
get 2 free....What was I 
going to do with 5 zippers??

The bag turned out so cute and now
I want/need more zippers-lol!
Of course, how I put that zipper
in was not how I would need
to do the one for my project.
And do you think I go online
and research first?
NO!
I like to make it up 
(and mess it up) as I go along:)

NEXT...Vinyl.
Again, let's make a mistake
first and then ask google.
Best tip for sewing vinyl:
Use tissue paper so that
it doesn't stick to your 
presser foot/feed dogs.
It sewed beautifully and
the paper comes right away.


Here is BloomX
sewn in between 
some color strips &
I remembered to add
my handle-whew!


Here is the vinyl
side of the bag 
showing some of 
my favorite tools
and a new workshop
sample for
Intro to Hand Applique'.


I do hope you will 
follow the other
Ambassadors as
they too share their 
creative interpretations
for Benartex!


 

No comments: