Thursday, December 19, 2019

A look back to 2018

Today is the 19th day of the month and 
for lack of a prompt, I went back 19 months 
to see what I was up to then...
I may use this prompt again:)

In May of 2018 I had gone up to 
Virginia to dog sit my parents 
little pup so they could take 
a 50th Anniversary trip.
I brought plenty of work with me 
and made an appointment with 
behind the scenes tour of some of
their antique quilts for my appraisal research.


Isn't this a lovely design?!!
The trip to Williamsburg was SO Much
more than I anticipated:)

These lovely ladies work in the
 back room preserving history!
I wish I could remember their names
because they were delightful and
invited me to come hand quilt on the 
design above.
It was being reproduced from
an antique in the collection in whole cloth
as a display piece in one of the homes
in the colonial village now with a few
of my stitches added.
After spending a lovely morning with them,
I went shopping at a local shop and found
this FABULOUS Carolina Lily that is 
now part of my guild lecture, 

It was a great visit and this is why 
I need to be open to what may come:)
You just never know what adventure
waits around the corner.
See you tomorrow~R





for more blogs to follow.

No comments: