Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Quilt Guild Rewards!

Do you belong to a quilt guild?
I know there are many complaints 
about guilds (cliques, not enough volunteers, etc),
but what about the positives??

I work from home and my only other
real human to talk to is my husband.
I adore my husband and he listens to all
my quilting whoas but not with the
same empathy and sympathy
that a fellow quilter hears them!
I can't expect him to:)

My biggest positive for being 
a member is all the HUGS!!
If you aren't a hugger, I am sorry!
You are missing out on a quintessential 
human experience that I revel in.
There is an endorphin rush that we
humans need for survival and I get mine
from hugging whenever appropriate.
This month I was recovering from a cold
so no hugging-WHAAAAA!

Where else can you go and share a story
about a stupid thing you think only you did
and have a room full of people giggle and
acknowledge most of them have done it too?
That feeling of inclusiveness and not 
being alone is also necessary for our 
mental survival.

How about joining a guild in your 40s and 
being at least 20 years younger than everyone?
Time to be amazed by these women IF you 
take the time to listen and get to know them.
Being in your 70s is so different 
than a few generations ago and 
their vibrancy is very inspiring!

I have been the leader of my guild off and on for 
4 years now. It has truly been an honor getting
to know them, laugh/cry with them, teach/learn
from them, share moments with them.
There is a community there that is crucial
to my well being and I do hope they have 
received some of the same from me.

The picture at the top of the post shows my spoils 
from the lovely 'Thank You' gift card 
they gave me for being in charge this year.
They have no idea how much fun I have being up
in front and making them laugh!
I look forward to being their dancing monkey
again in the future:)
THANK YOU HIDDEN STITCHES!!


for more blogs to follow.

No comments: