Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Be Safe out there!



Two days ago there was a road rage
 incident about 2 miles from my house
where someone was shot.

My husband felt the need to tell
me all about it in a,
"You better beware or it could
be you next", tone.
He knows me....

I live in an area where the main road
to get to anywhere is 4 lanes each way
and super busy especially this time
of year with the holidays
and the snowbirds are here.
Between them 'being on vacation', 
some people texting and driving,
and various other factors, you really
take your life in your hands
when you leave the neighborhood. 

Last week I was almost in an accident
when someone in front of me changed lanes
(in an intersection, I might add) just as 
someone else turned into traffic.
I slammed on my brakes so hard
all the items on the passenger seat landed 
on the floor as my hand hit the horn
(that is what it is there for much to 
my husband's shame:).
I am very fortunate that no one was
behind me or I would have been rear
ended and pushed into the idiot in front of me.

I could feel the rage as he threw his
hand up at me like it was my fault!

Not sure why today people feel 
NO shame when they obviously are in the
wrong.  When I have screwed up, I 
try that pitiful apologetic hand wave though I 
am not sure how that comes across.


When did drivers become so inconsiderate,
rude, and careless?! When did we stop 
anticipating what our next move is?
This highway has a stop light every mile
or so....Why do you feel it is ok to 
pull out 1/8 mile before the light and cut people
off to go across 4 lanes of traffic to get to 
that turn lane vs. going up another mile.
You don't want to be inconvenienced but it
is ok to do that to me and possibly cause 
an accident in the process??
If you don't care about my safety, don't 
you at least care about your own?

Ok, getting off my soap box now!
Please be careful out there!
Everyone is in their own head
these days and you don't want 
to lose yours because of it....
~R








for more blogs to follow.

No comments: