Wednesday, December 4, 2019

My New Quilting Stencils

In 2018 I designed a whole line of 
tulip themed quilting stencils.
Here I am with them in the Quilting Creations booth
at Houston Market...So Exciting!

I learned a lot doing these.  I assumed (HA) that I 
could magically transfer my outline applique 
drawings to stencil and I basically did.  
What I didn't take into account, since I love 
hand quilting, is that drawings for 
machine quilters need to be more adaptable to 
continuous line drawing.

Next time I will get it right:)
In the meantime, you can find all my stencils
on the Quilting Creations site.
Mine all start with RK### as you can see in 
the photos.  There are more than what is shown here.

  
 I had so much inspiration from my quilt designs. 
'Tulip Buds' (above) is from my 'Tulip Pinwheels' pattern.

'Tulip Flourish' offered up the sweet border above
and the four way design below.

If you aren't familiar with 'Tulip Flourish', 
you can find the pattern HERE.


 'Nouveau Tulips' came from my sweet, 'Tulip Star'.
 The pattern can be found HERE.
The fun thing about these stencils if you don't do your 
own quilting, is that they make lovely applique' stencils.  
Trace them out and connect the breaks in the line.

Back to work for me!  See you tomorrow~R

Cheryl Sleboda of Muppin.com for more blogs to follow.

No comments: