Friday, December 14, 2018

Day 14: Procrastination!

I would like to say that I was procrastinating because there is one thing that I just don't want to do. 
Unfortunately I have a life long struggle with this issue.  The work list is long and I tend to feel overwhelmed easily somedays so that day's list doesn't get done which adds to the next and the next and the …… Now I am deep in the rabbit hole so why bother?? !!!

I like to have a pic or two for you when you take the time to come over to the blog and not just click like on the FB post so I went in search of....

I about fell out of my chair laughing at this one!!!  There are lots of phrases or memes but no real photographs that represent.  
This one takes the cake:)

About the only thing in my life that I DO NOT Procrastinate on is quilting and spending time with my family!  Many things get put off so that I can sit and quilt.  Thankfully with 'Hand Quilting' services as part of my job, I can still count myself as working:)
So this next meme definitely describes me:
OR, finishing supply lists, updating websites, marketing myself, writing patterns...…… The housework is the least of my worries since I have a wonderful husband who picks up the slack when I am in the 'zone' (which is any day I can do it).

I feel this time of year overwhelms us easily and we need to be kinder to ourselves.  IT doesn't all NEED to get done!  My husband likes to continually remind me that NEED is a very strong word.  He is right.  Our needs overall are small even when you run a business.  Give yourself permission to take just one thing off your To Do list and you will feel a bit of relief.  That relief gives you strength to do it again and so on....  Mental health is very important and sometimes procrastination can be a good thing.




No comments: