Monday, December 24, 2018

Day 24: DECORATIONS:)

What is your favorite decoration?
I am a creature of habit in many ways and 
if it ain't broke, why fix it:)
Here is my sweet Angel from the very first tree that Jim and I had together as a married couple in 1988.  I am just as stunned as you that she is still in one piece and lights up!  Ten military moves (2 of those overseas) and she didn't get demolished. Hopefully she lasts forever because I haven't ever seen another I like as much as her:)

Six years after our first Christmas I am working at Michaels and surrounded by inspiration.  I had always wanted one of those beautiful white and red department store trees but on a Very Limited budget wasn't sure how to make that happen.  One year these were the ornaments on sale ($2.99 each in 1994) and I knew I could replicate them.  Cheap beaded garland, poinsettia flower picks, gold cording, and a glue gun produced enough ornaments for a whole tree;)  Pretty sure all of these cost half what it would have cost to buy them done. I have owned these for 24 years and they are still lovely. 
Poke some sprigs of larger flowers and berries in and this tree goes up very quickly:)  The small ball ornament is one of 5 left from our original set of ornaments from that first Christmas too.  
I will put them on until there are none left. It wouldn't be the same without them!

Love in Bloom workshop
It also wouldn't feel decorated here without some lovely red and green quilts to adorn the entryway.

And a puppy too!

This lovely Christmas arrangement is courtesy 
of my niece from her office party.
Isn't is lovely!!



No comments: