Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Day 4: Word Inspiration

Pick a word, any word, google it, and write something inspired by the 4th image (since today is the 4th:) .
I like that this could work for any day of the year because sometimes the blank page of the blog can be intimidating.

So today's word is travel and here is the 4th image google showed me after clicking one of the additional prompts at the top- "National Geographic"
THIS MAY BE MY NEW FAVORITE THING!!!


Image result for travel
‘Crossing the Pond’ by Yousuf Tushar / National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year Contest. A boy crossing the little pond beside sea beach at CoxĂ­s Bazar Dry fishing village, Bangladesh. In the village, more than 5000 families engaged with dry fish processing. Their children have no modern toys to play, so sometimes they play and making fun by themselves like as jumping or running.

How does this inspire me?  Well I could sit and look at the work of these amazing photographers for hours.  I am not the best photographer but I do love taking pics.  My husband hates that part of traveling with me because flowers and buildings can stop me in my tracks and make walking somewhere take that much longer.  He jokes that he always adds 15 minutes to our time if we are walking somewhere:)
I am not sure that I am inspired as much as the photo makes me nostalgic. 

This seems reminiscent of my childhood in the fact that we made up a lot of games and fun out of nothing.  Your imagination was what made the day better and if you had a group of people adding to the ideas, all the more fun!  Maybe that is why I love brainstorming groups so much even to this day.  That high of ideas and exploration can be intoxicating to me.

I have also lived by the water many times in my life and there is something so peaceful about the water.  Many people feel this and it makes me ponder WHY?  What is it about water that speaks to the depths of us as humans?  

That is a question for another day I think.  Today quilting is calling me as with most days.  Quilting calms my soul too.  
What most calms yours?





No comments: