Saturday, December 29, 2018

Day 29: Quilt Appraising Adventure

Yesterday I was at my friend, Brenda Grampsas' house and we started reviewing the upcoming Quilt Show season here in Florida.  January, February, and March are very busy down here and her appraisal schedule gets very full which also means my schedule since I have been her little shadow for 2 years now:)

I have tagged along to over 10 shows and seen hundreds of quilts!
Thankfully the "overload" exhaustion that used to accompany these trips has waned and I can enjoy the pure exhilaration over seeing so many quilts. 
Here is Brenda in her appraisal booth in Jacksonville, FL 2016.  This was the first time I tagged along to see what it was all about:)

Here was my appraisal booth at the Manatee 2018 show.  This was my first solo booth and the ladies were lovely! The quilt on the back wall is my design that was published in Quiltmaker and titled, "Love in Bloom".  The quilt top on the table I found in a shop.  The red/green was sweet and the design intrigued me. After some research, I found out the design name is "Ragged Robin"- LOLOL!!
I will always have it with me now!

This February I will be out on my own again as I keep training for my test this coming August.  This is both thrilling and terrifying but I am ready for my new adventure in this wonderful world of Quilting! 
If you have some treasures that need valuing (and you live in Florida:), I am just an email away....



No comments: