Saturday, December 8, 2018

Day 8: Christmas Preps Begin!

Last night was First Friday but since it is December it was 'There's Snow Place Like Tarpon Springs' which is always the best way to start to put me in the Christmas spirit especially when there is a bit of chill in the air!  That is hard to come by here in Florida so I really enjoy it. 
The town was HOPPIN' and that makes it even more fun! We like being able to support our local businesses so we grabbed a beer from a newer local brewery then shared a gyro and a slice of pizza from local restaurants.
Then you head down to the Bayou and wait for the annual boat parade to arrive. There are hundreds of people here and Christmas music too.

Now that I am in the mood, what better time to decorate the house and get ready for my company:)
The shorter tree started when we got our puppy, Pooka, six years ago but I really love the way it fits my house and so I kept it this way.
These decorations are about 25 years old and I still love them!  The angel is from our first Christmas together 30 years ago!! I also still have 5 balls left from our original set of ornaments so long ago that have survived all the moves. It wouldn't be a complete tree without them:)
What is your favorite decoration?



No comments: